Potholes? Street lights not working? Blocked Storm water drains? Missing road signs?
What can I do? Who do I report it to?
Emergency or distress calls can be reported to The City’s 107 Emergency Number from a Telkom line or 021 480 7700 / 112 from a Cell phone.
How to report service requests to the City of Cape Town
- Call: 086 010 3089
- SMS: 31373 (no more than 160 characters)
- Email: email@example.com – give as much detail as possible – location, duration etc. and if possible a picture.
- Website: capetown.gov.za – select “Service Requests” from the right hand column. You will then have various options to log your particular complaint or request from a wide selection including sewers, water, electricity, solid waste etc. You are able to pin point the exact location on a map and upload a picture if necessary.
- Open the Service Request website
- Choose Create Service Request
- Select the required Group and Service.
- Describe your requested service, issue or complaint.
- Type in the address of the problem, or locate it on the map.
- Attach a supporting photograph if necessary.
- Capture your Contact Details and Select your Feedback Method.
- Click Submit. Save the reference number provided.
- Mobile Phone: capetown.gov.za/mobi – this operates the same as the normal website above – just designed for mobile telephones and is more user friendly for reporting issues from your mobile device. Follow same procedure above.
For a printable version – click on the link below!